On this page you find everything you need to know about playing Live Baccarat. As you know from us, we do everything we can to make you win money while playing this famous casino game. Beside the best live casinos to play Live Baccarat, you can find the following topics in this post:
- Introduction of the game Baccarat
- How to play Live Baccarat
- A round of Baccarat
- Winning chances of Baccarat
- Best Live Baccarat strategy
- Tips to be successful at Live Baccarat
- Live Baccarat variations
- Live Baccarat Lingo
- Best Live Baccarat software providers
- Live Baccarat FAQ’s
It’s not a challenge to find a Live Casino who offers Live Baccarat games. Most of the online casinos offer multiple Baccarat games, sometimes from different software providers. So, how do you know what the best Live Casino to play Baccarat is? We are going to help you with this.
We thoroughly reviewed a huge number of live casinos with a Live Baccarat portfolio. For example, we took the quality of the games, available bonuses and customer service of the casinos into consideration. If you choose one of our recommendations, you are sure of the quality of the games and live casino itself. Good luck!
Best Live Baccarat Casinos July 2021
Live Baccarat introduction
The casino game Baccarat is a very traditional and famous card game. The name comes from the French word ‘Baccara’. The word is about a game of cards played by any number of betters and a banker. Although there are different theories about the first Baccarat game, the words are that this game was first played around the 1500’s. Pretty crazy stuff, right? Back in the days, it was a game for the elite. For the very rich or royal people.
Baccarat in the US
The game developed over the years, until it made its introduction in the United States. This was around the beginning of the 19th century. At first, the game wasn’t a big hit in the US, but after a while it became very popular in Cuba. That is why one of the widely played Baccarat version is called Punto Banco. After the increasing popularity in Cuba, it was again introduced in a place called Las Vegas, US. From this moment it became one of the most popular casinos games all over the world. And it gained notoriety over the years thanks to its association with James Bond.
The immense popularity
As mentioned, Baccarat is a perfect fit for live gaming, because it is a single-handed game. That is why it was the first casino game streamed with a live dealer. It can be played with numerous of players at the same time. This is a big difference with land-based casinos. When it is crowded at the Baccarat tables, there is no room for you at the table. With Live Baccarat, you don’t have that problem. And given the fact that it offers some of the best odd in an online casino, it isn’t a surprise that it is one of the most popular games.
How to play Live Baccarat
Essentially, Live Baccarat is a straightforward guessing game. Although it looks very formal and serious in the James Bond movies, the game isn’t complicated at all. It is perfect for new players, because advanced skills or strategies are not needed. It all about guessing which hand is going to be the winning one. The Player’s hand or the Banker’s hand. So, as a player, you don’t control the Player’s hand. This is the job of the dealer. The hand with the highest number of points out of a maximum of 9 wins. The third option is the least expected one: a tie. This means a draw between Banker and Player.
The value of the cards and how the cards are dealt
To determine how this famous game works, it is wise to know the values of the cards. Live Baccarat is normally played with 8 decks of 52 playing cards.
- Ace: 1
- 2 – 9: face value
- 10, Jack, Queen, King: zero
Initially both Banker and Player receive two cards. Depending on the value of the hands an extra card could be dealt. This depends on the 3rd card rule, which we explain in a round of Baccarat. Both Player and Banker receive no more than a total of three cards. So, the hand with a score closest to 9 wins the game. Unless it ends up in a tie.
A round of Baccarat
The best way to understand the rules and gameplay is by reviewing a round of Baccarat in detail. We are going to take you through it step by step.
- The game starts with betting. Players place their bets on one or more of the available betting options. At most of the live casinos it is possible to place a bet of $1 or more.
- Dealing; Once the bets are placed a total of four cards are dealt. The first one is placed in the Player’s box. The second one in the Banker’s box. This is repeated once. All cards are dealt face up.
- Counting; Now it is time to count the point from the Player’s hand and the Banker’s hand. The goal is to come to 8 or 9 points. If the total amount of points is more than 10, the second digit is used. For example, if the Player hits an 8 and 9, the hand has 7 points. If the Player or Banker hits 8 or 9 with the first two cards, it is called a ‘natural win’. The game is over, and the bets are paid. If neither of the hands hits a total of 8 or 9, the dealer may draw an additional card on one or more hands. This depends on the total.
- Third card rules player; The Player’s hand always stands on point totals between 6 and 9. If the Player hits any total between 0 and 5, a third card is dealt to the player. Unless the Banker has 8 or 9.
- Third card rules banker; The third card of the Banker’s comes with more variety. When the ‘’Banker’’ has a total between 0 and 5, it will draw another card. When the total amount is 6 or 7, it will stand. There are also other scenarios depending on the third card of the ‘’Player’’. When this, for example, is a 9, 10, face-card or Ace, the Banker draws when he has a 1-2, and stays with a 5-6.
- Pay-out; the last part of a round of Baccarat is the pay-out. Once the cards are dealt and played out, the hand closest to a total of 9 points wins. If the Banker wins the game, a 5% commission is deducted. This is how the live casino makes money with this game. If the Player wins there is a 1 to 1 pay-out. If it ended up in a tie, an 8 to 1 pay-out is submitted.
Winning chances of Baccarat
Let’s start by explaining what your betting options are with Live Baccarat. There are three kinds of bets. We already discussed two of them. A ‘regular bet’ is a bet on either the Player’s hand or the Banker’s hand. A ‘tie bet’ speaks for itself. This is a draw, and this will give you a pay-out of 8 to 1.
The last option we haven’t discussed is a ‘side bet’. With a side bet, you can bet on the Player’s hand or Banker’s hand to get a pair. When you are lucky enough to get it right, you are will be paid 11 to 1. Although it can be fun to place side bets, you will always have a disadvantage. The house edge on side bets with 8 decks is 10,36%. And the hit frequency of a pair at Live Baccarat is only 7,47%.
A regular bet gives you the best chance of winning money. When you get a regular bet right, the dealer will double your stake. At most of the Live Baccarat games you pay a 4 or 5 percent commission when you win with the Banker’s hand. You might think the chances of the Player’s hand and Banker’s hand are equal, but the odds are slightly different. The Bankers odds of a win is 45.86%. The chance that the Player’s hand will win is 44.62%. And the chance the game will finish in a tie is 9.52%.
Best Live Baccarat strategy
The main reason Live Baccarat is so incredibly popular among online gamblers is because of the simplicity. This isn’t a game where serious skills are required. But it is a game with multiple choices to make and different dimensions. To give yourself the best chance to win money with Live Baccarat, you need to consider some things first.
Because the Banker always acts last, it has a small advantage over the Player. This results in a lower house edge. At most of the Baccarat games, the Banker has the lowest house edge at 1.06%. And that is why a lot of high rollers love to play Live Baccarat.
On the other side we have the Player’s hand which comes with an average edge of 1.24%. Still a great chance to win the game, but slightly lower than the Banker’s Hand. The ‘Banker’ will win the game 45.8% of the times. A Player wins the game 44.6% of the times, and the game will end in a tie 9.6% of the times. This is just simple mathematics.
So, in general, you have the best chance to win with Live Baccarat when you bet on the Banker’s Hand. It is just a 1% advantage, but in a low run, betting on the Banker’s Hand is the best strategy.
Live Baccarat variations
The game of Baccarat is called differently all over the world. The basics are the same, but details can vary. The French version is called Chemin de Fer. The ‘classic’ version is called Punto Banco, and another variant is called Baccarat Banque. Online Baccarat is normally just called Baccarat. But in order to keep things exciting the software providers came with different dynamics. To make it faster, give more betting options or with less players.
The most common Live Baccarat variations of this moment are:
- Live Squeeze Baccarat
- Speed Baccarat
- In-Running Baccarat
- Progressive Baccarat
- High Limit Baccarat
- Low Limit Baccarat
- Mini Baccarat
Tips to win money with Live Baccarat
It is our purpose to provide you with all the tools you need to have the best chance of winning money with Live Casino games. So, we are happy to share some tips to help you win money with Live Baccarat.
- Don’t bet on a tie. Your chances are low, and the house edge is way too high.
- Avoid playing every round. Try to find a side which is in a winning streak.
- Be aware of the odds. The odds are different at different Live Baccarat versions. The amount of card decks is also a factor of influence.
- Take a look at the history of the game. Look for winning streaks.
- Set a maximum you want to bet. Only risk money you can lose.
- Don’t drink while playing Live Baccarat. This will badly influence your game.
Understanding Live Baccarat – The Lingo
Most casino fanatics are well aware of the rules attached to Live Baccarat as well as the terminology so frequently used. For those of you less confident with it, take a look at our baccarat online terms;
- Baccarat – the worst hand you can get – it translates to ‘zero
- Banco – Spanish word for banker, the dealer may be referred to as the ‘banco’
- Banque – a version of baccarat played in Europe
- Bankroll – the amount of cash you’re willing to spend
- Caller – the member of staff responsible for the cards on the table
- Carte – the French word for ‘card’ used in Baccarat in place of ‘hit’ – to request another card
- Coup – another French term used to describe a round involving the banker and player
- Cut – the cards are ‘cut’ or halved, once the cards have been shuffled
- Cut Card – a plastic card used to cut the cards one they’ve been shuffled
- Face Cards – the King, Queen, Jack of any suit
- Ladderman – one of three dealers who run the game
- La Grande – the ‘Big One’ in French, where the cards naturally tally to
- Le Petite – the Little One, totalling to 8
- Monkey – slang for a 10 or face card
- Natural – where the two cards dealt add to 8 or 9
- Pass – a win
- Punter – player
Live Baccarat software providers
Some of our favorite Live Baccarat game options are produced by top-dog game developers such as Evolution Gaming and Playtech. Fans of online casinos were hoping for the bridge to be gapped between isolation and casino games online and so the software providers delivered. Our top pick is Evolution Gaming!
With recent developments, Android users in the UK, Ireland and France can now download real gambling apps from the Play store. This is expected to expand across more countries in the upcoming months.
Evolution Gaming; home to top class Live Baccarat variations
Evolution Gaming have blown us away with the wide section and variations of the game. This includes cards that are dealt face down, some bean-shaped tables and the opportunity to make side bets! The various multi-cameras allow for cinematic quality and adds makes for a super dynamic experience. The baccarat selection at Evolution includes, but is not limited to; multi-camera Live Baccarat, Live Baccarat Squeeze and Live Speed Baccarat. An added bonus is that Evolutions Live Baccarat can be played across a number of platforms and is fully mobile optimized.
Playtech; immerse yourself in Live Baccarat
Playtech saw the immense popularity baccarat had garnered and decided to provide for the slick game. Playtech is expanding its ‘Prestige’ collection by adding Prestige Baccarat to the collection. It’s substantially different because it offers up to 5 dynamic camera views. The provider re-engineered the entire game to guarantee a top-class experience. Handpicked dealers are chosen to further enhance the user experience.
Frequently asked questions
We did a little digging and found the most Googled questions relating to live casino baccarat. If you’re thinking it, someone else is probably asking it! Can you relate to any of these?
How to win with Live Baccarat?
Baccarat, like most live casino games, is dependent on chance and Lady Luck. The cards are heavily shuffled, and a number of decks are used so card counting is next to impossible. So, really, all you can do is hope you naturally reach 8 or 9 from the cards you’ve been dealt. If you’re playing online baccarat, there’ll be a Random Number Generator in place which is the equivalent to a computerized shuffle!
How to play Live Baccarat?
Take a look above. We’ve offered a simple step by step guide to help you enjoy online baccarat in live format.
What are the best Live Casino games to play?
Our job is to help you find the best casinos to enjoy live casino and more importantly, live baccarat. Above, you can see our top list of casinos that provide for baccarat online. The team here at Live Casinos has some very stringent requirements that must be met before they feature on our top list. So, if you’re looking for the hottest baccarat sites, check out our top list above.
Are Live Baccarat games available to play for free?
We’re pretty sure they’re asking where you can find live casino games like baccarat for free online. Most online casinos will let you play free trials or in demo mode. It’s not as common for live dealer baccarat or casino. However, you’re likely to find them if you search.
Do you play Live Casino games with real money?
Pretty much every live casino game you play will be for real money. All you need to do is follow one of our links above to the best real money casinos on the market!
Live Baccarat among other live casino games are hugely popular. It allows for endless entertainment, but where abused, can lead to negative impacts. To avoid this occurring, we recommend implementing certain strategies. This include setting a daily/weekly budget and never betting while under the influence of alcohol or overwhelmed with emotion. Past performance should never be considered as indication of future performance.